Like on Facebook

Sunday 4 March 2018

Fighter

I know
I know who you think I am
I know you think that I'm this arrogant person who gets away with things the wrong way
You think I have liberated myself from the world and its boundaries and norms, 
But you underestimate the power of ideas you put inside my head when I was just a child, 
Today I am scared when I do the grocery shopping myself
I am scared of the taxi driver who drove me home today
I question my judgements, and I consider myself arrogant
I have a part of you inside of me, and I don't think you see that
I think you just see the part of myself that's battling everyday to find my reality
I think it scares you, 'cause this is not something that you're used to
But let me assure you, and if it gives you any comfort, I am scared inside
And while I know what I do not want, I am also not sure of what I want
So there you go, 
Take pleasure in that, 
You did a good job, 
I am not that confident, after all 
But there is a but even after that
I swear to god, I will never give up
Broken heart, damaged body and demons and a shattered belief; it didn't even touch my fervour
The rush in my blood is too heated, 
It stops me from letting in 
As long as this mutilated heart will beat, 
And as long my twisted brain will speak,
I will not surrender, 
I will not surrender. 


No comments:

Post a Comment