Like on Facebook

Friday 23 February 2018

French fries and guilt

It's an average Saturday morning,
I'm having fries for breakfast
I think I need this break once in a week at least, okay?
I have tears in my eyes this morning though, 
unlike any other day, 
She says this break is okay too
I heard knocking from my top bunk bed last night
It was something extremely ugly
I could see it in between the rail
It was staring right at me
My reflex was to scream at once
With those questioning eyes it stopped me, but
I could tell that she was worried
Something has bothered her a little too much
So I kept laying there,
Still and untouched
I could feel the fear in her eyes too
There was something she wanted to convey to me
"I am the guilt", she opened up finally
I could see her dark soul through her throat
She was all bones from the inside and out
I could tell that she had been deprived
I opened my mouth to say that its alright, come next to me, you can sleep here tonight
Though as it was it shocked me to my core
The words I spoke were coming out of her throat
She spoke as I spoke to her
Same words, 
Same voice, 
So I looked close, and I wasn't surprised anymore, 
It made sense now, 
She was even wearing the same clothes
I don't blame myself, 
I swear to god, I don't
If anything I should've given myself a little more love
But the deed is done now, 
The sheets are bloody
The wrists have been emptied now
So lets just sit together,
And instead of whining about the past
Lets look at future
Plan our shit
And finish our fries

No comments:

Post a Comment