Like on Facebook

Monday 30 September 2013

I honestly don't give a damn.

Was checking out this meme the other day about a guy at a job interview telling his honesty as his greatest weakness when one of the interviewers proposes she doesn't think honesty is a weakness. 'I don't give a fuck about what you think' he said. 

He was right after all, wasn't he? Honesty is a strangely a negative trait sometimes. How? I'll tell you how.

Hypocrites are the worse people who live on this planet. They are fake. They are insincere. They are NOT what they say or what they act or what they want others to think they are. They even deceive their own selves sometimes. They are miserable. In the eyes of God, they are, yes. But are they really the lunatics according to the surrounding people? Maybe not. In fact they are the good ones. The sweet ones. The right ones. Who could possibly know what devilish thoughts are circling their minds? And yet, they are considered good. Funny, isn't it?

On the other hand, the real people: the non hypocrites are simple and pure. They might be wrong, they might be false, they might be sinful. But they are definitely not fake. (The non hypocrites are mostly less wrong) Because they are afraid of no one. They don't care about what 'people might say'. They don't hide stuff. They don't pose to be perfect. They just are their self. And I couldn't thank my Lord any less, I am not a hypocrite. I may not be right about everything. I may not be a perfect human. I accept that. Accept. I accept my flaws. And sure as hell I try to fix them. I just don't try and fix them for them, for those people. I do it for me. I do it for my Lord. I do it for the whole concept of sincerity. I try and be sincere with myself first. I try and impress myself first.

However this gesture, this certain way of living a life is considered inappropriate for some of our fellow beings. They say 'bad acha, badnaam bura' meaning 'bad act is better than bad reputation'. And TBH I am completely against this phrase. How can bad possibly be good? I mean, reputation is something made by people - the imperfect spectators. While bad is something genuinely bad. Bad is accepted bad by not merely people but GOD. And they say it is better to do bad than to have a bad reputation? Bad is never better than anything. Reputation is something what people just make up. The society makes it up. 

The narrow minded, conservative and brutal society. 

The phrase defends hypocrisy. The phrase sets people's thinking a benchmark to live a life; but not Allah's rules. Which I consider lame. Which I consider fake. Which I consider a sin.

And to such fellow beings' thinking, I honestly don't give a damn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment